Wednesday

8 December 2010

My reaction to the new drug which was given on the 16th was not what I expected. I ended up having a several case of thrush and mouth ulcers which meant I had difficulty eating and drinking. My oncologist said this was 'unacceptable' and so has lowered the dosage of the chemo drug (just this past Monday, the 6th). I am taking preventative meds to help keep the thrush and mouth ulcers at bay. My hands and feet were also affected to the point of my hands and feet peeling from the reaction to the drug. I had difficulty walking because my heels hurt and my hands became swollen as did my toes. Thankfully I am doing much better with that and with the lower dosage of the chemo I will hopefully not have too much trouble this time. On the bright side I have only 2 more chemo treatments to go.

The Lord has provided great care for me through the lovely people of the Youghal Baptist Church. He has provided food, help with practical things such as hoovering, bringing in firewood, cleaning my bathrooms, etc. Thank you Lord!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jessie, I keep up to date with your blog regularly but am terrible at making the time to say that you are in my prayers and thoughts regularly. I hope you are managing to sleep well and rest up as necessary. Hang in there.
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, so sorry to hear you had such a severe reaction to the new drugs. We hope and pray that this week has been much better for you and that your mouth ulcers and sores & swelling are healing up.

    It is great to think that you only have 2 more chemo sessions to go - you are so nearly there!! Thinking of you so much - keep trusting in Him day by day.

    With love, Dave & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. As a fellow cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Also...Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs Lists” with over 1200 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
    If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
    Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.

    Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

    ReplyDelete