Thursday

11 August 2011

It has been a while since I last posted anything on my blog. So I do apologise!! I had a wonderful 2 months medical leave with my family from the 20th of April to the 18th of June. I was able to rest, relax, regain my physical strength as well as spend quality time with family. Mom and I spent some of the time shopping and going out for meals which we both enjoy doing. We also took a day trip to Amish Acres near Nappanee, IN. My cousin, Silvia, came along as well and we had a great time. It was hard to say goodbye when I left, but we have my visit at Christmas to look forward to.

Since my return to Ireland, I have gradually started getting back into the work. I felt well enough to help out with the Munster Christian Camps (staying at home at night so I could get a good nights rest) the latter part of June and first part of July. I have not been able to be at a camp since Easter of last year, so I was delighted to be able to be involved with the camps again.

Every day I am grateful that the Lord has given me another day to live for Him. He is so good!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to read you're up & about. Thanks for sharing about camp.let me share with you my summer so far by way of encouragement. As you know I've been having a lot of issues with my back since October, well on june 29 decision was taken to operate on my spine and so went in on july 6 just 3 days before my birthday to get it done. On the 7th i woke up unable to use anything from my waist down, my whole world was changed.The medical staff were stumped, there was no injury or errors during surgery.They had no diagnosis nor prognosis.due to morphine pump I don't remember much but I do remember crying out to good. In His infinite goodness and mercy he introduce 2 nurses who were Christians and who prayed with me.@ 5am on July 9, my birthday,God gave me the 2nd best birthday gift ever, I got to wiggle my toes.You see he does hear our cries & our prayers, but we must be willing to accept His answer.Before surgery i had asked God to end the pain, even if it meant losing the leg. He answered.But i believe He knew what a numb nut I am and wanted me to learn to be more careful and thoughtful of what I talk to Him about.Those couple of days lying there unable move, I chose to accept whatever God decided to do : heal me partially,completely or not at all.His answer to me is still unfolding, I can now walk a bit with crutches but the medical prognosis is unknown so in God I trust and in His great mercy.I have along way to go and at the end of it He may not bless me with complete mobility but that is His right and His decision. I pray this encourages you and I rejoice in the healing & love he has given us both-also the gift of your friendship. cheers, Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessie, we are so glad you are back with us. xx

    ReplyDelete